Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas 2011

We had a very WONDERFUL christmas this year. It started at 7 am when I picked up my little monkey from his dad's house. He came home to this:
He was VERY excited.. and went right for the presents
  
He then opened ALL the gifts from his cousins and aunt and uncles from Alaska.. Every time he opened one from his little baby cousin, he got SO excited. He really loves that little baby.
When he made the 6 gifts at Heckrodt, he decided to give one to me.. it was an ornament that he had stamped. So he hung it on the tree for me after I unwrapped it. (Side Note: I don't have a picture of this, but my mom had him paint a bird house for me for Xmas. I absolutely LOVE it. I can't wait to varnish it and hang it outside in the spring).
  

Once Killian opened his BIG present.. a huge wooden barn with animals.. He promptly told me" Ok mama, I have enough toys now. I will just play with these" And he refused to open anymore! So I let him play.. He did eventually open them all, but VERY slowly.
 He did open his batman costume.. then had to check himself out in the mirror :)
 After he played a while at our house (and ate TONS of candy and I dragged the costume off of him), we headed to my mom's house. 3 of my 4 sisters were there + my grandma + my Aunt + my dad + my sister's boyfriend. It was a BUSY and LOUD present opening ceremony... but it reminded me of when I was a kid :) Killian got the most presents.. here's he's opening a science kit
 He REALLY appreciates every gift :) I love that about him. He is loving a fishing ornament my dad gave him.
 When he opened the castle from my dad, he exclaimed: This is PERFECT! And of course, didn't want to play with anything else.
 But my mom rocked at her gifts too.. she made him a doctor kit including a badge with his picture that says : Dr. Winkel. Super adorable! He's been obsessed with doctoring me all week now.
 He discovered this Ottoman.. and went inside it. When my dad put the cover on, Killian started peeping and said it was his egg-shell. The he'd emerge still peeping. He cracks me up!
 My mom also got him an EZ-fort ... and they put together a fort. Killian wanted to add on to it. I can see this thing being LOTS of fun at our house :)
 OMGoodness... This is the last of the pictures... He still hadn't finished opening my gifts, so he finally finished at my moms house. This is an astronaut costume, which is a little small, but he demanded be put on him. Then he ran around screaming "astronaut doctor!" And doctored everyone as an astronaut.

After a little "quiet time", we had Xmas dinner at my moms, and then Killian and I loaded up the car and went to see Happy Feet 2 (again). He BEGGED me for popcorn, M & Ms and Icee (he even offered to pay for it himself!) Once we got home, he clunked out in no time at all! (But not before asking me if he could doctor me one more time!)

I hope everyone had a wonderful xmas.. and enjoy the new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment