Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bookcase and Toyshelf... a new paint job

So I have a LONG long list of big projects that I've wanted to get done around here... and I finally started on it this past weekend when Killian was at his dads. First to be done? Re-painting Killians bookcase and toy shelf. I bought these off of craigslist over a year ago. Here's how they looked for the past year:



 
So as you can see, they were meant to be in a girl's room. And while I'm not against having "girly" things in my son's room (please note he has a pink cozy coupe and a doll house), I do like my rooms to be all matching. So I decided to repaint these two pieces of furniture into green dinosaur pieces.
After a LOT of sanding, spray painting, taping, painting, and painting, here are the finished products:





I think they match his room pretty well. They aren't painted the best.. but hey. I'll probably end up changing the theme of his room in a year or so anyways. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment