Friday, June 17, 2011

Pirate vs. Alligator... and other dress up experiences

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted... I kept meaning to, but this month has been BUSY!

But, I have a good post for today: Anyone need a laugh this Friday? Well I've got one....

So remember that dress up box I put together for Killian this past Christmas?? Well it's become the play thing of choice. I have a very funny story which features a pirate (PS, usually he has his FULL outfit on, but this is the only photo I have of him as a pirate!!! you'd better believe that I'm whipping my camera out this weekend when he's dressed up) and an alligator:
Yes, the alligator is a piggy bank.
Alright, here's the story:
I bought the alligator at Once Upon a child with Killian, and he held it on the car ride home:
Killian: Mama, does this alligator eat my money?
Me: Yes, kind of. The money goes into his mouth and lands in his belly.
Killian: Hm... Well he nice in the car.

-__ (get home) Killian gets out of the car.
Killian: Aight. Now this alligator NAUGHTY. Let's take him up to my room.
(carries alligator to his room)
(Spends 10 min. getting on his pirate costume, then stands and looks at alligator. Quietly takes down his piggy bank and takes out all his money and spends another 10 min. putting all the money into the alligator. Stands back and looks at alligator. Gets sword)
Killian: You NAUGHTY ALLIGATOR! You steala my money! I'ma fight you!
(fights alligator with sword for a few min. Stands back and looks at alligator. Puts sword down, tries to dump money out of alligator).
Killian: Mama, I can't get my money out.

Haha.... Oh this child cracks me up. He's SO into imaginative play. My dress-up clothes are coming in handy every day :) Here are a few more photos of him dressing up:






No comments:

Post a Comment