Friday, February 26, 2010

Where did my baby go?

So this last week my sister, brother and law, and two nephews came to WI to visit. It was SOO amazing to see them all, but boy did it take a toll on Killian and I. We are SUCH routine people that having a week that was totally and completely out of routine was rough on us both. I will miss my sister dearly, but I will be glad to get back to our routine. It's how I thrive. Luckily, my beautiful toddler feels the same way. And the fact that I call him a toddler is what this post is about. Toddler - hood and saying goodbye to babies.
Oh I loved Killian as a baby. OH how I loved him. And from 12 months to 18 months I had MAJOR baby fever. Luckily I don't have a man, or I probably would have put all the reasons I SHOULD NOT have another baby right now aside and gone ahead and had another. But now my baby fever is past, and I'm SO content with my toddler. I sometime get so sad when I realize that before long, he's going to be off to school, and soon after that, no longer need me. But for right now, I'm enjoying him being so interactive, independent (but not TOO independent), and sweet.
Looking at photos of him and watching him run and play, I've realized that he is no longer my baby.. he is a little man. Sigh. Soon he'll be telling me not to call him 'bean' in front of his friends. Today, I realized how old he truly is when we went to story time, and most of the children were closer to 12 months than 24, and I felt like Killian needed to move up to the 24 month old story time. Then, he went into the board book section, moved all the pillow around, got a book, gave me his nuk, told me to unzip his jacket, and leaned back and read his book. AND it wasn't a board book! OMGOODNESS. Where has the time went?

Well, that's my little rant on how my little man will never be my little baby again. :( Hopefully I'll get some photos up here of my sister's visit. Here's one of my nephew splashing Killian in the bath. It shows the difference in their personalities perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment