Thursday, September 9, 2010

Life is Beautiful... beautifying my life

I recently decided that I am going to beautify my life AND take all the pollutants/air pollen out of our air.. naturally. How? Plants my friend, plants. I've done quite a bit of research and found the top 15 plants that have been proven to be the most effective at removing air pollutants. Now they say for every 2,000 square feet, you should have 14/15 of these plants. I have a little over 1,000 square feet, so for the next 7 months, I will be collecting one plant of different variety until my house is both beautiful, full or green living wonder, and air pollutant free. :)

So what are these plants???

1. Philodendron scandens `oxycardium', heartleaf philodendron
2. Philodendron domesticum, elephant ear philodendron
3. Dracaena fragrans `Massangeana', cornstalk dracaena
4. Hedera helix, English ivy
5. Chlorophytum comosum, spider plant
6. Dracaena deremensis `Janet Craig', Janet Craig dracaena
7. Dracaena deremensis `Warneckii', Warneck dracaena
8. Ficus benjamina, weeping fig
9. Epipiremnum aureum, golden pothos
10. Spathiphyllum `Mauna Loa', peace lily
11. Philodendron selloum, selloum philodendron
12. Aglaonema modestum, Chinese evergreen
13. Chamaedorea sefritzii, bamboo or reed palm
14. Sansevieria trifasciata, snake plant
15. Dracaena marginata , red-edged dracaena

Now, I started with the peace lily (which I found at steins for 12.00):
I did research of course, and found that this plant grows well with little water and low light... perfect for me. :)
The next easiest is the spider plant (which is my October plant of choice):


 and the english ivy
So give it a try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment