Friday, October 29, 2010

Last weekend and the week

I kept meaning to post about last weekend, but I hadn't uploaded my photos from the weekend onto the computer. So now I took some time to upload, I thought I'd update as well. Last weekend we went to the building for kids with a friend. Killian had fun.. though he hasn't figured out how to play with friends still.

While he was up on the apple, he saw a person dressed up as the mouse from "if you give a mouse a cookie", and he got so excited!
 Then he saw bunnies there:
He, of course, had to help feed the bunnies. 
We also painted, colored airplane pictures, and played for 2 hours while at the building for kids.
On Sunday, we went to goodwill. When we were in the book section, Killian pulled a book off the shelf about sharks, and in a second did this:
He is definitely a boy after my own heart. <3
We also went to the Barlow Planetarium, and watched a Planet star show. Killian called all the planets "moon", but he REALLY liked the 3-d star rides. He said that he was riding in a rocketship. (Did I mention how he loves space?)
The other day he told me that he was taking a city bus to the moon. He has quite the imagination.

This week we got to go to story time at the library. My school schedule doesn't normally allow us to, which is too bad because Killian LOVES it. However, this week I had Thursday morning off, so we were able to go. Killian gets REALLY into the dancing/songs, the puppet shows, the guessing games and flannel board games. He doesn't actually like listening to the stories, because it's hard to see the pictures, etc. But he loves most of the half hour. :)
When he had to go to my mom's while I had night class, he helped my 2 boy cousins build my moms root cellar:

Today, I had off of school, but Killian takes a music class at daycare on Friday mornings. Parents are welcome, but it's during my class (which works out well for Killian taking it, but I wish I could attend), so we went down to oshkosh for music class. I'm so glad we did! I got to see Killian in his element. He was singing to all the songs, doing all the hand movements, using the instruments appropriately. The teacher said he's normally the only one who participates. He really throws himself all into an activity. :) The teacher allowed them to play the autoharp while the rest of us sang, and Killian was the only one to strum it without help. :)
After nap, we went over to Amanda's to have a little halloween party with the girls. We just did a little song about spiders, ate cupcakes, and I gave out candy. Killian and T dressed up, but B only wanted to put a tu tu on. 
Here's Killian mad at me for not playing "tea" with him. (yes, the toy he wanted to play with was a talking tea pot (which he said was coffee), cups and pastries. And I loved it)
We have a very exciting weekend planned, but I'll post about that on Monday. 

Here are a few updates:
Killian's doing SO well with his language. He's saying 3-4 word sentences, and repeating sentences that I'm saying. He's understanding alot more, especially 2-3 step processes. He can take his pants, shoes and socks off by himself, and can put his slip-on shoes on by himself. He identifies 21 letters of the alphabet, and can count to 10. Potty training isn't going anywhere, but I'm not really pushing it until after I'm finished with this semester. Right now he's really into space.. and he can tell you want a crescent moon, half moon, and full moon look like. He loves space ships, rocket ships, moon and stars. 
He's saying "happy halloween" "pumpkin" and "trick or treat" alot this week, because we've been practicing. 

A few pictures to update about his playroom:
I went to the neenah library book sale, and I found this truck book for .25. I cut up the book and make wall art for his playroom:
He really loves it. I'm getting a plane book by the same author and I'm going to put those pages up higher on the wall. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment