Thursday, October 14, 2010

Playroom

The thing I lust over the most is a dream house with 3 bedrooms and a finished basement (and a beautiful backyard with room for a chicken coop). One of the main reasons is because I want room for Killian to run and play, and most importantly, I want a playroom for him. Where all the toys can be, and it can stay as messy as he wants (most of the time).
We've been in a nice 2 bedroom apartment since he's been 8 months old, and I plan on staying here until I get a teaching job.. which is another 18 months. But as he's gotten bigger/more active, our apartment has seemed smaller and smaller. Well on Monday, I woke up and decided that enough was enough. I have a small (6 feet by 4 feet) room off of our living room with a big window, that I've used as an office. However, I very rarely went in it... so I decided Killian was going to use it as a playroom. Since it's small, I couldn't fit all of his toys in it... just the toys from the living room and my bedroom (minus the train table). I also got him a 4 feet by 4 feet roadway rug from craigslist... since most of his toys are cars/trains. So here's the transformation:
Here's the office before hand
 Here it's finished
 The closet in the room... I still needed it for storage.. so I got half of it, and killian got the other half. Later I nailed up his baseball tee/bat too
Another corner of the room

I plan on painting some cars/planes/trucks around the room too... but that's another day's transformation. When I picked up Killian from his dad's today, I told him I made him a playroom, but he didn't really understand. When he walked in and saw the room though, he was SO happy! He kept saying, "mama made killian playroom. come play mama".

I also got him a HUGE lot of cardboard bricks off of craigslist (which I have NOOOO idea where I'm going to store)... and we built a fort in our playroom today. He loved it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment