Sunday, July 3, 2011

Another Birthday Week!!!


 
June is a very crazy month for us. We have 3 birthdays, father's day, end of school, and the beginning of summer.  AND killian and my birthdays are EXACTLY a week apart. So last week was his birthday, and this past week was my birthday. 
Monday morning Killian had his doctor appointment, which went well except for the fact that he may need speech therapy. I was in speech therapy from age 2.5-5, so it's not too surprising. However with my student teaching in the fall, trying to get him to see a speech therapist on top of it will be difficult. So I'm praying that his pronunciations of words will continue to improve until September. He also had swim lessons on Monday. SIGH. Here's something embarrassing. I was under the impression that swim lessons were ONLY on Mondays, so Killian's had 2 swim lessons in the past 2 weeks. Come to find out, NOPE. they are EVERY day. So Killian's missed 8/10 swim lessons. UGH. Monday night Killian ended up in the ER. Sigh. He had a prolapsed rectum at his dad's house, and we thought it was a hemorrhoid. SO we headed to the ER, only to find out that it had resolved itself. (Which is MUCH better than the alternative). Killian thoroughly enjoyed himself, and has since referred to the hospital as "his hospital". Anyway, the nice part of the ER on monday night was that I got to take him home Monday night instead of Tuesday morning. SO I woke up to his little monkey face on my birthday :)
We spent the morning at the zoo with my mom:
Can you see the monkey?

Here he was the zoo keeper eating Mommy.. the alligator. He LOVES alligators :)
I put his baseball hat on... and he had to turn it backwards. It's his style.
He said he was swinging like a caterpillar in a cocoon
Gammie played in the castle at the park.. he loved it
He loved the balance beam. He's really getting into large motor activites.

We went out to dinner at a local Italian bistro which was DELICIOUS. Then we came home for cake and presents. All day Killian was convinced that it wasn't my birthday.. it was both of ours. I guess since I made such a big deal out of his birthday, he couldn't come to grips with the fact that it was my bday too. He was VERY upset that there were presents for him.

It was a nice week... we hit the zoo/park, story time, gardened, and I worked my butt off Thursday and Friday while he was gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment