Saturday, May 22, 2010

Our Week and funny BEAN stories

We've had a busy week. I started my 3 week interim on Monday, and we're still getting into the groove of a new schedule. I have class 2-3 mornings a week, and try to work while Killian's napping/eating snack, and then pick him up in the early afternoon for mommy time :) Of course, we're also finishing up our last 2 weeks of supervised visitation with his dad, so Killian spent the two mornings I had off last week with me, his dad, and his dad's wife at their house. Killian seems to be comfortable there, but I'm sure there will be melt downs the first couple of times he's there alone. This coming week is his last week of supervised visitation, and next week he'll be with his dad alone. I'm hoping he adjusts well.
It's been SO beautiful out that we spent every day outside. I can barely drag Killian in most nights. I LOVE that he's an outdoors person, because so am I. However, sometimes it's just too humid and I'm too tired for playing outside for more than an hour. Killian gets impatient with my lack of energy :( On an adorable note... he has little farmer tans on his feet from his flip flops. He's so adorable :)
Yesterday I took the afternoon off for "me time", sitting in a coffee shop drinking chai and doing hw. I also did a little shopping. I needed to get Killian something new, fun, and gross motor for when he's bored with all his toys (which is EVERY day lately). Well, I got him a car ball pit. Yes.. it's adorable. I have photos, but as I'm taking my computer in on Monday, I don't want to upload any photos that I'll lose ( I have to get a new hard drive (thank you killian), so I'm losing everything that's not saved on my external hard drive.. which I'm not sure what's not). Anyways, Killian loves the ball pit. He played in it for a good 30 min. friday night, then we threw all 225 balls into a laundry basket, and I put killian's blanket and pillow in the ball pit, and he layed down :)  I'm thinking about bringing it along with us next weekend when we're at our cabin.
On my shopping trip I also bought a sewing machine and fabric. Yes, I am attempting to sew for the first time in 9 years! I decided that Killian's room is still decorated as a nursery, and he's in need of a toddler/big kid room. SO, I'm SLOWLY (because of lack of money) converting it. My first step is to sew him a new quilt, pillow, cushion for his rocking chair, and curtains. I'm starting with the quilt. It's a dinosaur theme, and I'm about 1/4 of the way finished. I'll post pictures when it's all done.
I'm also getting him some chalkboard contact paper that I'm running along the bottom of his walls so that he can draw on them. :) I have alot of ideas of how to make his room fit his personality and age, and I'll keep you posted as I finish each idea.
Today we had a busy day... we took a trip to New Holstein to buy raw milk. We left during Killian's nap, hoping that he'd sleep the hour up there. Well, he fell asleep half way there, and woke up as I transferred him into the stroller :( And then the sassy didn't fall back asleep the ENTIRE hour ride home. He was too busy finding the horses and cows that he wanted "out" as he told me. When we made it home, we grabbed the dogs and headed to my mom for gardening/sand box play, and of course horses.
This evening I've frozen 5 gallons of milk, skimmed the cream off of them and made butter, butter milk, and tom. I'll make some mozzerella and pizza dough from the whey. I LOVE summer time :) I had NO idea how easy it is to make butter, and am looking forward to having buttermilk pancakes tom. morning from my fresh buttermilk :) MMM.
So here are a few funny bean stories from this week. I'm trying to blog all of these for future reference on Killian's/my part:

** Killian used to like to help me train Stella. And by help me train, I mean feeding her treats constantly until I rip the bag of treats from his greedy little fingers. Needless to say, I trained her after he was in bed. However, lately Killian's been wanting to BE trained. Yes, when I say sit, he sits down and opens his mouth for a treat :) He now does sit, lay down, roll over, shake, and jump. He even gets impatient with me when I'm not feeding his the treat for his "trick" while I'm trying to teach Stella. Oh bean***

** Everything is MINE lately. Killian's putting together sentences, but he tends to use the same couple of words to mean everything. Today, he found his cowboy boots at my mom's house, and wanted to put them on to go down to the barn. He told me, "mama, shoes". So I said, "oh, you brought me shoes? Ok, put them on me." He gave me this devil look, clutched the boots to his chest and screamed" no, MINE".**

**All W's are "M's (for) mama". When I explain that they are w's, not m's, he's insistent and points to my mouth saying "m, mama. m,mama".***

*** He enjoys playing fetch with Stella, however he asks me to hold her back so he can get the ball, and fetches it up.. with his mouth, and carries it to me (still with his mouth), and drops it by my feet. I think this child needs a sibling***

**Killian now believes there is "bad koclate (chocolate)" and "koclate". Bad chocolate are chocolate covered raisins, hot chocolate, chocolate milk, and anything else masquerading as pure chocolate. Chocolate is pure chocolate (or with some PB added in there). What can I say? He's my child**

No comments:

Post a Comment