Monday, May 3, 2010

Disapointing weekend

Killian and I look forward to our weekends all week long.. two whole days to devote entirely to each other.  Well our Saturday was pretty good. We spent the morning at the mom and pop place with a friend and her little boy (who's only a few days younger than Killian). After nap, we went shopping (and I bought a BIG deep cleaning carpet cleaner.. which I'm in love with), and spent an hour at the park. After rangling Killian into the car, we headed home to make brownies, and then went to my mom's. Killian spent a good half an hour in the sandbox, when I finally convinced him he needed to come inside to eat. He went to bed at his normal time, and my mom and I and her friends had a poker night. I actually came out with a few extra bucks :)

Sunday.. was a different story. I was so sick to my stomach I couldn't take care of Killian. Around 12 I realized I had the flu. I made it a few more hours, and at 330, I finally called my little sister to come help me. She came around 4 and helped me with bean until 7 (his bedtime). She tried to let me sleep by shutting my door, but Killian became hysterical, crying for "mama mama". He's never had me be so sick that I'm not me. Our sunday was ruined :(

This morning wasn't much better. Killian got up at 530, and I was still feeling sick. I lasted until 7 am.. and then I had to drop him off at daycare. I slept and read some hw for class until 1.. and finally got out of bed for the day. I am still quick to tire, so I opted out of going back to class, and picked up bean at 2 for the afternoon. Poor little thing was so clingy to me. After a day and a half of mama not being mama, he needed to be reassured that life was going back to normal. :)

We shopped for his teacher's appreciation gifts (it's teacher appreciation week), colored their thank you cards, played nicely by himself while I shampooed the carpets, "helped" me hang some picture frames on the wall, took the dogs for a walk (he had stella's leash in two hands and was laughing hysterically while she dragged him along), and finally collapsed into tears at bedtime. He was way past exhausted, even though it was his normal bedtime. He desperately wanted to go swimming, and wouldn't listen when I told him I'd take him tom. morning. Poor tiny dude.

I'm hoping our week is a quiet one. I have two more weeks of this semester, and a few more projects to get out of the way. I'm focusing on finishing up.. because I just found out my interim is 50% online :) That's good news for us.

I'll try posting some pictures next weekend- my computer's charger is deceased..and I still haven't bought a new one (I'm using my work computer for now), so when I get my mac up and running, I can upload my photos.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh that feeling. When you find out the class is online or hybrid and only meets a few times. I love it! Glad you got that feeling knowing you could be at home more and do things when your busy schedule allows!

    ReplyDelete