Friday, November 19, 2010

Riding home...

The title of this post is because on the way home from Milwaukee today, Killian was being SO funny, and I wanted to write it down here. However, before I get into the ride home... I should probaby get into what we've been up to this week:
Pretty much relaxing and enjoying the warm weather in the first half of the week. Killian rode his bike for an hour on Tuesday, and peed on the potty on Wednesday at his dad's. (he's still not going ANYWHERE near consistently.. I think wednesday made the 4/5th total time in 5 months that he's peed on the potty.. but at least there's some progress). Thursday I didn't have night class, so we did a little plant shopping, and then went to the Fire in Appleton, to paint Salt and Pepper shakers for my dad for christmas:

 He really LOVED painting the shakers... but got upset when I wouldn't let him paint with the black paint, which I was using to write "Salt and Pepper"... It was a lot of fun though :)
Today after music class... we headed down to Milwaukee. Killian fell asleep in the car on the way down. The first thing he did in the Children's Museum was drive the "city bus"
 Then he found the car service station... here he's deciding what he wants to do:
 Then he decided to take the tires off.... with the air compressor
 He loved playing with rocks/conveyor belt... putting the rocks in a bucket, dumping it on the conveyor belt, and turning the wheel. This was 20 min. process... he loved it.
 The museum had a "mr. potato spud exhibit".. which he LOVES
 He made a doctor potato head
 Lastly, he was talking on the walky-talky in the jeep
He was sad to go... but afterwards we went to culvers to meet my grandparents and aunt and uncle and cousins. Killian loved it, because he was given TOP attention. :)

SOO... on to the title of the post... the car ride home:

First, Killian watched Toy Story, and while he watched it, he was repeating every single thing said on the movie after the characters said it... for the WHOLE movie. He even laughed when the characters laughed.
Then, when the movie was over, Killian decided to ask me to make up songs. Here were the topics:
Mary (aunt mary)
Snuggling with Mama
Dada
Stinky
Stella
Little Bear
Night-night
city bus
Making yellow
Gammie
Pick-up trucks
Water
Nemo
Dorrie
For each topic, he'd say, "mama sing a ____ song" (fill in the blank with a topic from above). I'd make up a song on the spot about the topic, and he'd quickly come up with another topic. He was cracking me up. I don't know HOW he came up with topics so fast!
Finally, right as we were pulling into our house, he burped. Then he said "suce me *excuse me*" I was so proud of his manners (which for a 2 year old is hard to remember), so I told him how happy it made me. So then he continued to "burp" (fake burping) and say "excuse me" and then say "my mama so happy!" Oh my child is wonderful <3

No comments:

Post a Comment