Monday, April 19, 2010

Update on our life

Well, I'm sitting here trying to tackle the mountain of homework I have to do, and I decide to write a post. Typical of me I guess. I just realized that I've only posted 2 in April, and it's already more than half way gone. I guess I keep waiting for photos to post... but I never take any- so I'll just update now. Sorry for the visually unpleasant :)

So- update on Killian's development:
My baby boy is FINALLY progressing in his language. He's putting together two words :) Mostly it's "hi ___" for who ever he's saying hi to, and "bye, bye ___" but it's an improvement :) He's still not great with his spontaneous words.. but I'm happy to see some improvement. Of course it comes right after I make an appointment with a speech therapist, who's coming on Thursday to evaluate him. But, if Murphy's Law is what has to happen to get my little one to move forward, I'm happy to look like the crazy mom.

Update on our crazy court situation:
We had court this morning, and basically it's the same as it has been, but now I'm getting child support. However, we are going to mediation, and probably court- all depending on his father. I will not do what's not in Killian's best interest, so if his father decides to agree with a plan that is good for Killian, then hopefully we can put court behind us.. otherwise I'm in for a LONG road ahead of us. I just SOO SOO hope that Killian makes it through. He's already having a hard time, and we're only at stage 1 of this process. Please send your thoughts over to our family. I'm not sure how much more of Killian's heart ache I can handle.

Update on school:
I officially won 6 scholarships :) That will go a long way of hopefully no student loans next year. I only have 4 more weeks of this semester, then a 3 week interim, then a 1 week course, then a 4 week course, then summer :) Okay.. it's still a long time away, but I'm just focusing on the four weeks of this semester, because I know the other 8 weeks will zoom by.

Update on Stella:
She's naughty. Let's just leave it there (oh, but she has wormed her way into our hearts. The naughty little thing).

Well I think that's enough updates... I need to get back to self-evaluating. As a future teacher, I should be more than used to self-evaluations, but it's never easy to find the good and bad in yourself and display it for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment