Thursday, March 24, 2011

Problem Solution: Recipe Organization

Time for another Problem and Solution Post!!

Problem: I read through magazines, and find recipes that I love, so I cut them out, and then........
Well I tried putting them into a journal, but it was hard to organize, so I'd never bother looking through it. So the recipes laid around not being used.

Solution: It was pretty easy, but did take a little bit of time. I found a box for recipes.. a nice wooden box that I had laying around. Then glued/taped the recipes to individual index cards, and organized them by category (ie dinner, desert, breakfast, etc.) I then typed up a word document with the names of the recipes:

Breakfast:
Perfect pancakes
Eggs in a nest
......

I pasted each of the categories with the names on index cards too. AND I organized it. Very simple, but effective. So now if I'm looking for a new recipe for dinner, I grab the dinner card and see if any of the names look good. :) I'm finally using the recipes I've grabbed from magazines as well as making some new things (I always get stuck in ruts with my cooking).

No comments:

Post a Comment