Monday, March 21, 2011

St. Patty's Day and Caterpillars

 
Alright! I didn't get these posted when I said I would. Life is so busy and exhausting!!! But here they are!!! When I picked up Killian from his grandma's on St. Patrick's Day, we came home to a gold coin hunt. I hid chocolate gold coins all over my house as well as a green race car. Killian wasn't sure how to hunt for them, but he got the hang of it. :) The picture above is of him with his st. patrick's day balloon (A HUGE hit with him, not so much with the dogs who are terrified of balloons).

This picture is of him with his gold coins clutched in his hands :)
He found his green race car. Have I mentioned that he loves hotwheels now? UGH, when did that happen? Anyways.. after the hunt, we went to my mom's for a St. Patty's day party! We had corned beef, cabbage, and green chocolate covered strawberries!! Killian helped down at the barn and then played in the sand with his diggers before I dragged him home. On friday, our caterpillars came! I got Killian a butterfly garden kit a month ago, and waited to order the caterpillars until it was warmer. Well, this child LOVES them. He looks at them all the time, and tells me the WHOLE story about how they're going to grow big, hang from their heads, build a cocoon and become beautiful butterflies.
Of course, Stella had to see if she can eat them. 
So what have we been up to? Besides school and work, we've enjoyed the outside and our pool. This past weekend I've started spring cleaning the house, reorganizing and finally putting the final touches on decorations (we're only going on our 3rd year of living here). I'm hoping to teach 2 classes on Saturdays (if I get a few more students signed up), which would be GREAT. Hopefully it all works out. 

I'm on spring break, and I took my vacation with Killian this week, so we get 7 whole days of uninterrupted LOVE and PLAY time. :) We are relaxing, hitting up story times, movies at the library, monkey joes, building for kids, play dates, hopefully a trip to get raw milk, and just enjoying each other. Of course i have a MASSIVE to-do list (I teach a whole unit of Science next week and are in Kindergarten 40+ hours next week, so I'm trying to get that finished up). But I decided to do all my to-do stuff while Killian naps and sleeps. I want to enjoy my time with him. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment