Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring break!

This past week was my spring break, and I took Killian on vacation with me. We had ALOT of fun! I ordered a new little ice cream maker for us. It makes just enough for ice cream for the 2 of us in about 10 minuets. GREAT :)
So... this week we went to two story times- one at the library and one at Barnes and Noble. We played outside:

 With bubbles... and bikes!
 We had a picnic inside....

 We did lots of art work... bug stamps and painting
 It was a messy art day!
 We played Pillow Island.. where Killian had to step on pillows instead of the floor. :)
 I did some sewing... I sewed these sandwich bags for Killian's lunch bags.

 My sis got me two reusable sandwich bags for my bday, and I love them. Killian uses them quite often, but I thought maybe he'd like some of his own.
 We played with his coffee set,
 And he tried on his flipper for swimming :)
 We had a playdate... Killian LOVES babies.
 We went to the Fond du Lac children's museum...




 On Saturday we went to Bubolz Nature Center pancake breakfast with a maple syrup demo and played in a one-room school house.







We went to the Tundra Lodge on Saturday. OH MY GOODNESS. Killian has SUCH a blast. WE went down the water slide about 20 times. I was EXHAUSTED at the end of the 2.5 hours that we played there.

Our vacation was quiet and eventful. It was wonderful having alot of bonding time with Killian again. With my crazy school schedule, we both needed it. In addition, being with me made him back into a SWEET, KIND, well behaved child. (let's just say that his father's LACK OF discipline doesn't work well for our son). I loved the moments when we were just sitting next to each other, and Killian would kiss me and say "I love you mama". Awww.......... This week has really helped bring us together again. :)

And now I've got to get ready for a crazy-whirlwind-week of school and tag-team parenting with Killian's dad. Can we just put this past week on a time-loop and play it over and over again?

No comments:

Post a Comment