Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dinosaur Room Update + experiment

Ok... so about 8 months ago, I decided that my poor toddler/2 year old needed an update from his nursery:



I LOVED his pooh bear nursery, but it was time to give him a big boy room. Soo... I SLOWLY started making his room into a dinosaur room:
 I made a quilt... and curtains (which apparently I don't have photos of)
 I put chalkboard around the bottom of his wall... and started putting dinosaur wall stickers up
 Then came the ABC wall posters
 THEN a big boy bed :)
 This winter I made dinosaur pegs for his dress-up hats
 And he got a new toy shelf (not dinosaur, but bigger for him)
 I just finished a dinosaur clock
 And a dinosaur door sign and initial plates
 I'm slowly painting the toy shelf... I glued on these little wooden icons to try and capture what he loves at age 2.... woody, pirates, space, firetrucks
 Rocket ships, school buses, and robots. I'm probably going to paint some words on the shelf as well... but I'm not there yet
I painted a dinosaur puzzle-painting.

I'm happy to say that I only have ONE more painting to do and then I'm finished with his room (besides painting his toy shelf and possibly re-painting his bookshelf... both neither will be dinosaur theme, because I want him to be able to have them for longer)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


And now... what's the experiment?


A few weeks ago, I went into my storage of onions from the summer and found this:

 An onion had started sprouting... so I thought to myself. I wonder if it would grow in my house?
 So I planted that little bulb..
A few weeks later, it's grown large... it's about 2 time this height now! I'm going to replant it again, and hoping that it'll continue to grow. Hopefully I'll be able to plant it this spring, and get a LARGE onion in the fall. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment