Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Various News

PHEW... we've had a busy week! So much to tell:

1. Killian is basically potty trained. It's amazing how quickly he took to it. He's in underwear every day (except nap and night) and he's doing well. A few small accidents... which are to be expected. He still needs to be reminded/made to go potty on a regular basis... especially when playing is interrupted. We're also trying to get the hang of going potty while out and about. He doesn't like sitting on an adult size toilet.. and can't get comfortable enough to go. I'm thinking about toting a potty insert around with me. It won't be fun, but it'll have to work.

2. On Monday, Killian gave me a small scare. He was whiny all day, which he never is. Then after a very short nap, he woke up completely lethargic and burning up. I striped him down, and took his temp. 102. That's when I called the doctor. They got him in quickly, and while we sat in the waiting room, with him laying against my chest.. he vomited ALL over.  **Here's a quick hint. Doctor's offices are not prepared to deal with vomit. They handed me kleenexes. really? So if you're child is feeling sick, I'd bring along some wet cloths*** Anyways, the doctor listened to his lungs and thought he sounded like he had pneumonia. Man. We had to do a chest xray-- not a pleasant time. Trying to get a 2 year old to sit still with his back and side against a cold, metal plate while all he wants is to snuggle with mom? Ya.. not going to happen. The xray was inconclusive.. but they gave him a shot of anti-biotic and sent us home. 2 days later, he's feeling fine. He still had a fever for half of Tuesday, but it didn't stop him from going to Monkey Joes.

3. Our week: We stayed home Saturday and Sunday (except for a little shopping), because I had put him in undies all day and was working on "poop potty training" him. Monday we tried to go out running errands and having lunch, but he was whiny... and our afternoon was filled with doctors office. Tuesday we went up to Appleton to Monkey Joes for the morning. He took a nap at my moms while I volunteered in Oshkosh (my last volunteering day... tear). He napped 2.5 hours and I had to wake him! He went to his dad's at 6pm Tuesday, and I think I caught whatever he had.. because I went directly into bed after he left and slept until 830 this morning! Today, he spent with his dad, but they met me at Killian's art class. It was his first class and he loved it. I think he liked having both me and his dad together.. he often tells me he wants daddy to come to mommys house and play with both of us... he loves his dad, but he knows that he can only see him if mommy goes bye-bye, and that tends to be a deal breaker for him. Anyways... he made a snowman out of cotton balls. It was so funny to see him doing the art and talking about it. He loves having adult's full attention, and he had both mommy's and daddy's which he loved. Here's a little picture of the artwork:
Yes, it's very sad.. but looking at it I remember all the little things he talked about while he was making it, and that's what counts. The memories we make together :)
He was sad and confused when art was over and he wanted to go home with mommy. However, I explained to him that I had a dentist appt (or.. mommy has to get owies in her teeth), and he was ok with that logic. I love his logical mathematical mind. So much like mine :)

Tomorrow we have a fun morning of a double play date for story time and then monkey joes afterward. (have I mentioned how much Killian adores Monkey Joes? He often says to me: mama, Monkey joes please? and I say: what? You have stinky toes? and he says (exasperated) NO mama, monkey joes? oo oo aa aa (monkey noises). Aw the humor of a two year old :)

Alright.. I think that's enough updating for now. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment