Saturday, January 22, 2011

We've been busy... So here are some photos

Phew! We've had a busy week! Before I go into our many adventures... I wanted to post the photos of Killian's final art work for his room :) I finished them a week ago:

 Up close photo. I might put them in frames... but I kind of like that they're not framed... it gives it more of a kid-feel :)


Last week I didn't have photos uploaded... so here are some from last week:
 Killian got play dough scissors for pooping on the potty... he was a little in love :) Playdoughs a HUGE hit right now at our house.
After xmas.. I rearranged my closet, and decided I have WAY too many cool things that I've been storing in there that aren't being used. So I started getting some out... one is a finger puppet theater. Can you tell he loves it?

 He did "Little Bunny FooFoo" quite a few times with the fairys :)
 Then I got out the sensory table and put water in it. We've always done dry things in here... so this is the first time it was used for water. Killian loved it. I'm going to try to pull this thing out once or twice a month as well.


OK... so our week. Monday Killian had tumbling for the first time. He walks into the room and goes: "WOW!! Wooka dis!" He really enjoyed doing an obstacle course over and over again. He loves repeating things, so he'd keep asking his dad and I, "again? do it again?", and was happy to know that he was allowed to do it again and again. He did frontwards and backwards somersaults. The class is nice... no where NEAR as awesome as Little Gym... but MUCH MUCH more in my price range.


Tuesday Killian and I stayed home ALL day... except for a late-night (5 pm) sledding incident.
 He insisted on pulling the big blue sled, instead of his little red sled... he did make it half way up the hill :)
 We went down twice together on the blue sled, then 2 times separately. Then some "big kids" started going on the playground.. and that was it. Killian ran off to play on the playground.
 OK... so Here are Killian's potty charts (2 of the 4).....
 And THESE 2 are my potty charts... haha- One day Killian decided to make me a potty chart.. so he got paper and a pen, and stuck the paper to the wall with his sticker and said as he drew: "Dis a square. Dis poop inside the square. Dis your potty toy." And then he gave me stickers for going on the potty. :)
 Have I mentioned that Killian never sleeps in his bed anymore? He always wants to nap in my bed... maybe because he sprawls out on it.

Wednesday Killian was supposed to have art class, but his teacher was sick... so instead, we went to McDonalds play land. Ok... I'm NOT a fan of Mcdonalds food... I almost never feed it to Killian, but the playland is great for winter... so we buy a juice and coffee, and we can play there :) Anyways, Killian found 2 older girls at the playland, and he became infatuated with them. He kept saying: "'mon big kids, pay (play) wis me" One of the girls (3), helped Killian get up into the tubes.. and after that I wasn't allowed to help him... the big girl was the only one allowed to help him. When they left, a 3 yr old boy came in. Killian found this boy a little strange, because he jumped, hit his head and laughed. Then he continued to hit his head and laugh. Killian stared at him for a little while, and then looked at me like "what's wrong with this kid?" I was laughing on the inside.
After nap, we had a little art of our own... finger painting :)

I'll confess to helping a little :) However, towards the end Killian kept painting poop with bugs in it... and that's when I walked away. A little too disgusting for my taste.
Thursday: Killian and I went to storytime together... though we were 15 min. late because some little boy takes forever going potty. I was proud of him though, because he went potty at the library without a problem. :) After storytime, we went down the Oshkosh. I had scholarship applications to turn in, and I wanted Killian to get re-acquainted with his daycare. Well... here's how much he loves daycare:

Walks in, finds his friends and teacher in the lunchroom... puts his hand possessively on his teacher and then surveys the room. He says hi to his friends, then asks me where his lunch box is, because he wants to eat lunch with everyone. Then, he walks out of the room (like he owns the place), and goes into the bathroom where he goes potty. Then he says to his friends: "Friends, I a big boy now. See my buzz undies? Jackie, see my yellow?" He wouldn't flush until Jackie saw his pee and told him she was proud of him. Then he washed his hands and told everyone: "Ok, you friends go nap, I'm gonna go pay (play)" Oh my boy loves being bossy. :) He was sad when I told him we had to leave, so I know he'll enjoy being there this semester. He'll be there full days..... we'll see how it goes.
In the afternoon, we went to my mom's, because she hadn't seen Killian for over a week. Killian did Dance Dance Revolution (his favorite thing to do there), and helped in the barn. 

Friday Killian was with his dad...I worked all day. Exhausting.

Today- We went to the Building for Kids in the morning, and Panera Bread for lunch.. Killian's going through a huge growth spurt, so he's eating like a regular boy. A whole bowl of Mac n' Cheese and a whole yogurt (this is about 3x what he normally eats). Then after nap, we had our first snowmobile adventure! Killian was SOOO excited to ride a "Big Zoomer" (Bob the Builder rides a snowmobile called Zoomer.. so Killian thinks all snowmobiles are called Zoomer). On the way there.. he told me that his Big Zoomer will have eyes and a mouth, and will talk to him. :) 

 My dad brought an adult small helmet.. which fit his head nicely.. but it was VERY heavy for the poor 26 lb. thing.
He liked the ride.. but got cold towards the end. We lost 2 mittens (UGH!!!!!)... and about 10 min. before we got back to the car... Killian's head started slumping over onto my arm, and then he was laying down on the snowmobile. I only went 10 mph MAX the whole time, so it was a nice, relaxing ride. :) I think we'll do another ride before the snow melts... and now I know that I need to put him in the 3t snowpants. When he spreads his legs so far, the 2t snowpants come up too high and left some of this leg exposed. :(

We've been busy... and we're not excited for school in a week. I plan on THOROUGHLY enjoying my last week of freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment