Friday, January 7, 2011

First Week of January

We're having a nice first week of January... pretty low-key- which is great since Killian's being potty trained. Tuesday he got back from 3 days are his dad's, and it was a rough day. His behavior is HORRIBLE when he gets home, as well as his sleep schedule. He refuses to nap the first day back, which throws off the rest of the day. On friday, the day before he went to his dad's, he had almost stayed dry the entire day. However, he didn't pee once at his dad's, so Tuesday, he was getting frustrated that he'd forgotten how to go.

He has a nice sticker chart that he gets stickers on every time he goes. Once he gets 4, he gets a present from his "potty bag". He desperately wanted to pee on Tuesday to get more stickers, but he'd forgotten and was very mad. Anyways, by the afternoon he'd gotten back on track. We mostly stayed home all Tuesday, though we did have lunch at Mom and Pop place. At night, my sister and her boyfriend came over and we went swimming. We haven't swam in over 2 months, so Killian was excited to get back in the pool :)

Wednesday he stayed dry all day!!! One poop accident in his pull-up... but it always takes longer to poop potty train than pee... and I'm just focusing on pee potty-training for now. He stayed dry through nap and night... he had on the same pull-up from 11 am Wednsday - 1130 am Thursday!!!!!

Wednesday we had a play date in the morning. He was thrilled to go over to his girl friend's house and play with her new toys. He especially loved her dollhouse. I asked him if he wanted to bring a toy to share, and he said yes- his kitchen.

After nap Wednesday, we went grocery shopping, and Killian ate about half of all the food we bought! I swear 5 of our bags of food was opened before we paid for it! (**Side note: I saved $15.00 with my coupons:) **).  Since he stayed dry all day, he got his rocketship toy that he's been wanting for MONTHS. He was VERY excited, and zoomed his astronauts all over the house for an hour.

Thursday was another good day for potty training. He stayed dry all day... 2 poop accidents, but no pees. AND he only had to sit every 2-2.5 hours, because he understands about holding it in, and only peeing when he's sitting. :) Now I just have to get him to TELL me when he has to go.

We went to story time at the library Thursday. We haven't gone for a month, because they didn't have story time for 3 weeks over the holidays. However, as soon as we got there and he saw the felt board, he said: making a snowman! Because they built a snowman from felt last story time! He has such a great memory sometimes. He LOVES story time- puppets, finger plays, stories, songs and dancing.. what's not to love? Though today they did "6 snowmen melting away" as a felt board story, and he got very upset... he LOVES snowmen so much.

In the afternoon, we went to Monkey Joes for a half hour before going to my dad's for dinner. He was very happy- since he hasn't seen my dad in over a week. I tried to play with Killian and my dad and he said "no mama, didi (Killian) playing with Gampa."

He got the Very Hungry Caterpillar stuffed animal as his present for staying dry today. He loves it. Last friday, he told me: Mama, Didi want a BIG caterpillar like dis one (pointing to the caterpillar from the book)" I thought to my self, oh ok- where am I going to find that? Then I went shopping at Kohls and they had one there! PERFECT timing.

Killian's SO into the hungry caterpillar. I made him a felt board version.. and he sits down with the book, and retells the book using his pieces. I hadn't made a moon, and he got very upset with me. Then his sun didn't have eyes or a mouth like the book's so I had to draw those on. He's very into details.

I'm hoping to get him into underwear or pooping on the potty this weekend... I guess it depends on how he does at his dad's house on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment