Thursday, January 21, 2010

Books


Well... anyone who knows me well knows that I'm in love with children's books. In love might be an understatement. Anyways, I don't often need to find an extra excuse to buy children's books (almost always used of course), because I always justify it by saying that they'll be used by Killian and all my students to come :) Well.. with swagbucks giving me amazon giftcards, I figure I can use that free money for books :) If you don't know what swagbucks is, see my earlier post. Anyways, I just received one of the books I ordered called If Kisses were Colors by Janet Lawler illustrated by my favorite illustrator Alison Jay. Here's the book cover:
It's the sweetest book about if kisses were colors we'd see all the colors of the rainbow, and if kisses were acorns you'd walk for miles of oaks.. all about the love of a mother (or father) for her/his child. It's simple, yet beautiful. Killian wanted to read it again today. :)
So, I thought I'd share it with all of you. :) In addition, I wanted to share an idea which (I can't take credit for), but I've done for my nephew who lives in Alaska. My family each bought him a book, and recorded ourselves reading it to him. Then we  burned all the tracks onto a cd for him, and shipped it up there. My sister said that he absolutely loves listening to all of our voices. We're doing another CD for him for his birthday, and I'm going to make a cd for Killian. Such a simple thing to do.
Here's how to  do it if you are an owned of a MAC.
1. Open Garage band
2. Record a podcast
3. Pick female or male voice (which ever you are) and press record.
4. When you are finished, press record again and save it.
5. If you save it to your desktop, open up itunes and drag the track into the library
Itunes will convert it to a track, then you can burn it onto a cd.
Pretty easy huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment