Sunday, January 10, 2010

This weekend

Well... we had an AWESOME, but exhausting weekend. Friday night Amanda came over for dinner of grilled cheese on my george foreman :) It was wonderful to catch up with her, even if Killian was crabby. She brought a laser pointer, and Killian and Stubby played with it for at least 20 min. Killian was zonked out from the chasing, running, and spinning :)

Yesterday, we had our usual Sat. morning fun at the mom and pop place, then after nap, we went to the animal shelter to donate some food and bones. The cats were sick :(, but we did get to pet the dogs.. oh how it makes my heart ache to see them all. One in particular warmed my heart. If I had the money, I would take one home.. Even though it was a VERY small room, and at least 8 dogs were barking at the top of their lungs, Killian was in heaven. He has such empathy and compassion for animals. He went from kennel to kennel smiling, talking to them, and letting them lick his fingers. He was very sad to go.
After the shelter, we went shopping with Amanda (two days in a row with her :)) for our mutual friend's baby shower :) I spent a little more than I wanted to, like always at Target, but I know how grateful I was for my baby shower gifts, that I wanted to help another low-income mother out. :)

Today, we went grocery shopping in the morning, and in the afternoon made puppy chow (Killian had never made or eaten this before).. he loved to help dump everything into the bowl, and got upset when I had to scrap the peanut butter out of the cup.. and then went to the Building For Kids (children's museum) for two hours. Killian had a wonderful time, as always.. and discovered the birds today. That boy sat and watched tiny finches eating, drinking and flying for 20 min. And should I say QUIETLY watched them... I couldn't even get him to say a work, because he was so absorbed by the little creatures. <3

Somewhere in the middle of all of this, I found 4 more scholarships to apply for.. which I also did this weekend, as well as file my FAFSA, do extra credit, organize my office, and .. oh the many little chores around the house. I just HOPE that I win at least 4 of the scholarships (I've now applied to over 20, and I found another that isn't due until May, so I'll work on that over Spring Break).

We made lots of wonderful memories this weekend :) Another week begins tomorrow.. oh.
Good things: I'm volunteering in Freedom with Lindsy on Monday, Wednesday and Friday :) The end of this week will mean only one more week of class :)
Bad things: I have an exam on Tuesday, which I just couldn't find the time/energy to start preparing for this weekend. It's another week of reading for 2.5 hours EVERY night. My house and body feel as though they're falling apart, and I need a week to put them back together.

Oh well.. such is a life of a working, going to school, single mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment