Monday, January 25, 2010

Schedules

So here is perfect proof that Killian doesn't adjust well to change. I'm up at 11:40 pm writing a post, because he's been awake for 4 hours!
There are countless good reasons for me to be finishing up my college education. And while it does bring alot of stress into my life, the pros outweigh the cons. However, one con that is really hard is my constant schedule change from semester to semester. Killian is, and always has been, a schedule child. He's much like me in that way. As long as we stick to a consistent schedule, we handle our days well. However, if you deviate from the schedule, it causes alot of problems while we readjust.
So, we've always had the same bed time and wake-up time. And, since we're both morning people, Killian goes to bed early, between 6-630 pm, and wakes up early- between 630-7 am. However, with my new school schedule, we won't get home until 545, making a 6 pm bed time pretty hard to accomplish. So.. this week I've been trying to get him used to going to bed at 7 pm. And- the adjustment isn't going well. Last night he went to bed at 640, and woke very early this morning. Tonight, he went to bed at 7 pm, slept an hour, then awoke. And.. he's been up ever since. Bouncy on his bed, talking on the top of his lungs, throwing books across his room, and when I allowed him to come to bed with me.. spent a half an hour jumping on me, my bed, stubby, etc. He's frantic from exhaustion, but can't calm down long enough to fall asleep. It's getting close to midnight, and he's still awake. And.. tom. morning he'll be up at 6/630- making tom. a very long day indeed.
Hopefully by next monday he'll have adjusted a little bit better... because I can't function on 6 hours of sleep.
Sigh, sometimes I wish he was one of those kids that will sleep whenever. But, then I think about how I really don't want him any other way. :) He is my monkey-man.. and I love him to bits. Even the frustrating times. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I completey understand that changing schedules, but how strange for him to stay up so late! Hopefully Tuesday wasn't too stressful with a tired boy!

    ReplyDelete